Google Instant is a new search enhancement that shows results as you type. In previous Article, I discussed about how to use this service. If you have used this service and you think previous service was better or you haven’t tried it yet and want to use this service. Then, Google has provided a way to turn this service on/off. You can try any of the following way to turn on/off the Instant Search.
- 1st Method:
- Sign in to your account, search anything, then on the result page, you will see a link to “Turn Google Instant On or Off”. Click on that and choose whatever you wish.
- 2nd Method:
- Go to Preferences page, and from their Select your choice from “Google Instant” panel.
- Click “Save Preferences” on the bottom of the page to change your preferences.
- 3rd Method:
- Go to Google Instant page, click on “Try It Now” and see if it works for you.
Note: If any of the above method doesn’t work for you, then try clearing your browser cache and cookies, reopen it and then try again enabling or disabling it using any of the above method. Try by first signing out from your account and then again by signing in. If it still doesn’t work for you, then try it by changing your browser, as this feature is not compatible with all the browsers. You can see the compatible version list on Google Instant page. If no method works for you in compatible versions, then it might be because of any of following reasons:
- Google Instant is not available in all the countries. So, you might be belonging to any of those countries where Google Instant is not available.
- Your ISP may be linking to that Google server which is not supporting Google Instant.
- Some users had reported that Google Instant works for them at one place but not at other place.
- This is because they are using internet provided by that ISP which is not linked to updated Google servers.
- Your ISP is making cache of Google and that one is not cleared since the service had released.