By default, in Windows 7, it hides the extension for all the known file types. Because of this, you are not able to see extension of most of the files present in your computer. But you can turn it on. There is a very simple procedure to turn on the visibility of extension for all the known file types.
- Click on “Start” icon.
- Type “Folder Options” in search box and hit Enter.
- It will open “Folder Options” dialogue box.
- Click on “View” tab there.
- Uncheck the option “Hide Extension for known file types”, and click “OK”.
- Now you can see extension for every file you have in your computer.
Incoming search terms:
- how to switch off extn view in windows xp (1)