Desktop Sidebar has been enhanced in Windows 7 and it has been renamed to Windows Gadgets Platform. It enhances your desktop experience and extends your functionality. But, if you do not like your desktop having this Sidebar, then you can turn it off using very simple trick.
- Go to your desktop and right click any empty area.
- Click “View” from the menu opened.
- Uncheck “Show Desktop Gadgets”.
- You are done! Sidebar is now gone.
- You can Check again that option to show Desktop Sidebar back again.