Windows XP has a built in feature, using which it periodically check online for new updates. While surfing the internet, you find that your connection speed is not normal, infect it’s too less than normal one. Then this might be happening because your operating system is checking online for updates. So, you decided to turn off Automatic Windows Update feature. Then you have the option of manually disabling this feature.
- Click on the “Start” button and choose “Run”.
- In the “Run” dialogue box type “sysdm.cpl” (without quotes) and hit Enter.
- It will open “System Properties”.
- Choose "Automatic Updates" tab at the top of the "System Properties" window.
- Click the circle next to "Turn off Automatic Updates” and then, click on the "OK" button.
- And you are done, Automatic Updates are turned off.
Incoming search terms:
- c# turn off windows update (1)