Sometimes your PC wont start. You want to diagnose yourself but can’t find any fault. Here is the procedure to test your PSU (Power Supply Unit) testing that its working correctly. But before doing this you have to be very careful. I recommend you to do it in the presence of an expert because in PSU output current is high which may cause any damage.
1. Disconnect your CPU cables i.e. Main power chord , Mouse, Keyboard etc.
2. Open your CPU left side cover.
3. Now Disconnect the 24 pins(Sometimes its 20 pins depends upon your PSU) PSU cable from your motherboard.
4. There are many wires but there is a single GREEN wire.
5. Now take any piece of wire to short the GREEN wire with any BLACK wire.
6 Connect your power chord to the CPU as well as Main power plug.
7. If your PSU is fine then its rear fan will be start rotating. If it doesn’t then replace it with new one.
8. If your PSU is fine then try to find other fault. There is no need to replace your PSU.
Repair your PC yourself. Have a fun…
Incoming search terms:
- fixing pins on atx24 pin (1)