One of Partition of your hard disk has a lot of free space available to use, but one partition has too less space available to use. Then you will plan to shrink one of the partition and shift some of the volume to other drive, then there are some tools present on the internet which you can buy and use to do the work. But newer version of Windows have build in feature, a nice partition resizer , which is quite easy to use and doesn’t cost you a anything.
- Click on the “Start” Button.
- Right click “Computer” and select “Manage”.
- If any pop up open, just Continue.
- In the “Compute Management” window, click on the “Storage” in the left pane and then on the “Disk Management”.
- Now you will see all the drives present in your Computer, with a lot of information for each drive.
- In the lower pane where each drive is represented in a segment, right click on the one you want to shrink. i.e right click on the segment of that drive whose some volume you want to transfer to another drive, and click “Shrink Volume…”.
- After this process completes, right click on the drive to whom you want to transfer the free space you have created in last step, and choose “Extend Volume…”.
- Complete the process and you are done.
Incoming search terms:
- c# drive shrink (1)
- c# shrink volume (1)