You have opened a number of tabs and every time you want to see content from another tab you have to click on that specific tab to view content in that. This feature is helpful if you have opened too many tabs and want to navigate to a tab which is a bit far away from the current tab, but if the tab you want to open is near to current tab either in forward direction or backward, then this mouse clicking the tab will be a bit time consuming. You can directly use keyboard shortcuts to switch to another tab very quickly.
- If you want to view a tab having number in the range 1 to 8, then you can directly press Ctrl key + Tab number. Say you want to open 5th tab, then press “Ctrl + 5” to directly open 5th tab.
- If you want to open 1st tab then you can press “Ctrl + 1” and if you want to open last tab then you can open that using shortcut “Ctrl + 9”. Note here “Ctrl + 9” will not open 9th tab but the last tab in Chrome whether its number is 9 or other than 9.
- If you have more than 10 tabs, then you can’t use these shortcuts which i had described in the above steps. But you can cycle through the tabs using shortcut “Ctrl + Tab” in forward direction and “Ctrl + Shift + Tab” to to cycle through tabs in reverse direction. Suppose you are at tab number 15 and want to open 17th tab then you can press “Ctrl + Tab” twice to open 17th tab and if you want to open 13th tab then you can press “Ctrl + Shift + Tab” twice.
Incoming search terms:
- how to pull internet thru tab (1)
- navigate google chrome (1)