Windows Registry is a system of collection of values and keys which are user by Software and Windows Processes while they are running. These registry values provide an environment to software and processes that helps them in proper functioning in a particular PC. If you ever want to play with Registry values or want to alter some of the values, then you must take backup of your current Registry before doing so, because your change in Registry can result into malfunctioning of Windows processes and software.
- You can export any registry value by going to “Registry Editor”.
- Open your “Run” window by pressing shortcut “Windows Logo + R”.
- Type regedit in the Open box and hit Enter key.
- It may ask for your permission, just click “OK” to continue.
- It will open “Registry Editor”, from that window, select the location from left panel, you want to take backup of.
- After selecting, click on “File” menu and choose “Export..”, Name anything you want, select the location where you want to save the backup of this registry.
- Click “OK” and you are done!