There are number of software present which help you in creating files in which you can place your data which will not be accessible to others except you by protecting files with some password. But you can do the same by just using Notepad application. You just have to use a DOS command in your Command Prompt to create a file for you which stores your secret data and will not be accessible to others. Even any time someone, other than you, open that file, your file will be shown as empty one. Also, it will be showing 0 byte size in your hard drive.
- Open the “Command Prompt” from “Start” menu or by shortcut key “Windows Logo + R”.
- Type cmd in “Command Prompt” and hit Enter to open “Command Prompt” window.
- Locate the folder in Command Prompt where you want to save that file.
- Now type notepad filename.txt:hidden in Command Prompt and hit Enter. Here filename is any name you wish for your file.
- It will open a notepad file and prompt you to save or not, just save it by clicking “Yes”.
- Enter any type of detail you want to save in that file.
- After finishing save the file again by using shortcut key “Ctrl + S”.
- Close the file and you are done.
- Now move to folder where you created that file and see its size. Its saying this file is of 0 byte.
- Now open that file, you won’t be able to see any of your information you have typed earlier, instead you will find that file an empty one.
- To open that file again with all of your data, type the same command in Command Prompt which was earlier used to create the file.