MAC Address is the Media Access Control Address which is a unique identifier assigned to network devices such as Ethernet modem, Wireless LAN Adapter. This is used for communications on the physical network segment. It is a combination of six group of two hexadecimal digits separated by “-”.
- Open “System Preferences” which are usually found in the Dock.
- Select “Network” there.
- Pick a location and specify the interface or device whose MAC address you want to know from pull down list.
- For Built-in Ethernet Device, select the “Ethernet” tab.
- Read the MAC address which is labeled as “Ethernet ID:”.
- For wireless device, select “Airport” in the Show dialog.
- Read the MAC address there which is labeled as “Airport ID:”.