All applications in windows which has access to another application has a port number associated with them by Windows or their Developers. In some cases you want to know the application using your desired port. For example if you want to use MSSQL and MYSQL in other case IIS, WAMP and XAMPP at same time. To use that port
- You have to kill the process. In many cases it succeeds and time saving to perform
- You can stop their services from either Services manager included for application or by Windows default Service Manager.
- You can uninstall the application using that port. This method is not recommended, If you don’t want to use that application in future then do it.
- To use both Applications at the same time you can change the port used by one application.
By following method you can find out the application:
- Click on “Start Menu” then search for “Command Prompt”.
- Right click on the “Command Prompt” then choose “Run as administrator”.
- In “Command Prompt” type the following command:
This command will give list of all the IP’s and port numbers used in your System.
If you want to refine your result then use following command instead of above command:
netstat –aon | findstr 0.0:80
Above case is used to find the application which is using the 80 port number you can change port number which you want to find on your system. “|” is used to refine the result which is a built-in function of “Command Prompt”.
- To kill the process using that port use the following command in “Command Prompt”:
taskkill /F /PID 80
Change the PID value from 80 to your required port value.
For more information about “netstat” command click here.
Incoming search terms:
- how to know which port is used by which application (1)
How to Find the System Startup Time in Windows How To Disable-Enable Hibernate Option In Windows Using Command Prompt How To Find Installation Date Of Windows 7 In Your Computer How To Compile C# Console Application Using Visual Studio Command Prompt How To Create A Simple Windows Forms Application In C# Using Notepad