Google has implemented a HTML5 feature in Gmail, with which now you will get notify for every new email or chat message, even if you have minimized your browser. This feature is not enabled by default. You can turn it on by simply clicking on “Click Here To Enable Desktop Notifications for Gmail” when you login to your account.
This enables Desktop Notifications feature for Chat messages only. You have to turn this On for Emails separately.
- Log In to your Gmail account.
- Click on the “Settings” link at the top of your Gmail page.
- Then in “General” tab, find the “Desktop Notifications” section.
- Select the option “New mail notifications on”.
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of your page.
Note: this feature is currently available for Google Chrome browser, but soon it will be available in other browsers as well, as Google has promised of that.
Incoming search terms:
- gmail desktop login (1)