As mentioned on Facebook Blog, “security is an important issue to Facebook”. So, they added new functionality for their users to get protected from Hackers. Facebook has recently added a new feature. This is called “Facebook Secure HTTPS login”. This is a secure and encrypted Login Page for Facebook which uses Secure Socket Layout (SSL) Technology to protect Facebook users from got hacked. If you enable this feature, you will be more secure and all the data on your Facebook profile will be encrypted, but your pages will take more time to open and some Facebook feature, including Third Party Applications, will not work as these features are not supported in HTTPS. If you want to Enable this feature,as this feature is disabled by default, you can do so by following steps.
- Login to your Facebook Account.
- Click on the “Account” link at the top of page and choose “Privacy Settings”.
- Under Account Security panel, click “Change” link.
- Then Tick the option “Browse Facebook On A Secure Connection (HTTPS) Whenever Possible”.
- Click “Save” and you are done.