Windows Registry is a system of collection of values and keys which are user by Software and Windows Processes while they are running. These registry values provide an environment to software and processes that helps them in proper functioning in a particular PC. You want to edit a registry value then you must take backup of your Registry first. You can read instruction on how to take backup of your registry by reading this article of mine. To continue to edit your registry, read following instructions
- Open your “Run” window by pressing shortcut “Windows Logo + R”.
- Type regedit in the Open box and hit Enter key.
- It may ask for your permission, just click “OK” to continue.
- It will open “Registry Editor”, from that window, select the “key” you want to edit from left panel.
- When you select a key from left panel, its “variables” got shown in the right panel.
- Now Right click on the variable or value in Right panel you want to edit or modify and select “Modify”.
- Edit the value for in the box given for “Value Data” to what you want and click “OK”.