Your Windows contains a number of unnecessary files which got saved in your disk while you visit webpages on the internet, play games in your computer, delete files from your system and some more. Even when any kind of error occurs in your system, a log file got created in your Windows containing information about that error. Even some times there exists System files in your Computer which are no longer needed. Generally all these files takes up some space in your disk and also effect performance of Windows. So you must consider deleting/removing these files. Removing these files from your system also adds up some disk space, increases performance of your system and your Computer will contain less number of unnecessary files.
- Click on “Start” menu button and type “Disk Cleanup” in the search bar. Click on the “Disk Cleanup” you got as result of the search.
- A dialogue will open which will ask you to select a drive. From the drop down menu, just select the drive from which you want to remove unnecessary files. In most of the cases, only the Windows Drive (C:\) contains these types of unnecessary files.
- Click “OK” after selecting the drive which will calculate the space you will get after clearing files from your system.
- In the “Disk Cleanup” dialogue, select the files you want to delete.
- After selecting the files, click “OK” to confirm your action.
- It will ask you to confirm you action, just click on the “Delete Files” button present in the Confirmation dialogue. It will take some time to delete all those file.
- Note this procedure will delete unnecessary files associated with your user account. If you want to delete all the unnecessary files associated with all the User Accounts present in your System, then click on the “Clean Up System Files” button present in the “Disk Cleanup” dialogue.
- It may ask you to enter your password. Follow the same procedure which i described in previous points to cleanup all the unnecessary files.
Incoming search terms:
- DiskCleanUp c# (1)