In this article, I will show you the basic step of creating a database in SQL Server 2008. You can also create database in SQL Server 2005 using the same step that I will show you here.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and Log In to your Account.
- Open Object Explorer in SQL Server and expand the Database Folder there.
- You will see all the currently present databases there.
- Now right click on Databases Folder and choose New Database
- In the New Database dialogue, type the name of your Database there.
- To create Database with default settings just click OK present in the bottom section of dialogue.
- If you want to set additional parameter value, then click on “…” button for the Owner section in the “General” Page.
- It will open Select Database Owner dialogue where you can browse for all the users and set an owner of this new Database.
- To set some default values for Primary Database file (.MDF) and Log File (.LDF) click on the appropriate file in the grid present in “General” Page, click on the appropriate cell to change value for that property.
- To change the collation of this database, select the “Options” page, and then select a collation from the list present there.
- You can select other default values as well present on the “Options” page.
- You can add a new filegroup to this database, click the “Filegroups” page. Click Add on that page and then enter the values for the Filegroup.
- When you are done setting all the property values of this database, click OK to create Database.
Incoming search terms:
- insql database wonderware (1)
- tutorial on creating a database in sql server on windows (1)
- wonderware idea (1)