Most of the Linux Operating Systems provides a GUI to change User Account Password. But you can do the same using Terminal only. In this tutorial, I will show you how can you achieve that.
- Open terminal and type in the following command and press Enter.
- Terminal will show you a message about Changing password for your user account and it will also ask you to enter your current password. So, Enter your current password and press Enter.
- After that Terminal will ask you to enter New password, if you have supplied correct current password. Enter your new password, and when it again ask you to enter New password again, enter that again and press Enter.
- Terminal will show you a message whether the password has been changed or not. Like in above image password is successfully changed, but in following image, the two passwords supplied do not match (new password and retyping it again), So Terminal shows an Error message.
Incoming search terms:
- how to change account password from c code linux (1)
- how to reset password using terminal (1)