Windows 7 has a new great feature called Libraries. In previous version of Windows you have used Documents, Pictures, Music etc. ,as one place to share your all the related information to those folders. e.g You can share all of your Documents by sharing Document folder. But in Windows 7 all these folders are named as Libraries. Though they have their original name, but they are actually categorized as Libraries. So, here Libraries are, you can say Folders, to group your same kind of data in a single directory. As an example, you can group all your images in Pictures Library, you can share that Library with your friends as well. By default, Windows 7 come up with 4 Libraries, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos. But, you can add more Libraries as well if you want to group your data in a single directory. In that you can group your data from different drives also. So, its a great feature. Follow easy instructions to create a Library for yourself.
- Click on “Start” Button and type “Explorer” in search box, it will show “Windows Explorer” as searched item. Just click on it.
- It will open an explorer with all the default libraries.
- Now we want to create our own Library. There are three ways to create your own Library.
- Click on “New Library” present on the upper ribbon, it will create a new library, name it anything you wish.
- Right click any empty area, where other Libraries are present and choose New->Library. It will also create a Library for you and you can name it anything.
- Right click on “Libraries” in the Left Panel and choose New->Library. Again it will create a Library for you which you can name anything you wish.
- You have created a new Library, new time to put a folder inside that Library. There are two ways for this:
- Double click newly created Library, It will open up and will ask you to “Include A Folder”. Click on that button, choose which folder you want to insert into that library, and click OK.
- Or you can right click the newly created Library, then choose “Properties” and click on “Include A Folder”, select the folder you want to include and Hit OK. You must check this that the option “Shown In Navigation Panel” is checked. Click Ok to include that folder in the Library. Now you will see in Left panel that your Folder is showing up there.
- First method works only if you have created a new Library and hasn’t included a folder in that. But second method will work every time.