By default, Internet Explorer 9 comes with just one search provider which is Bing Search. But you can additionally add other Search Providers in Internet Explorer 9. You can see my post on how to add additional search providers in internet explorer 9. When you have additional search provider say Google Search installed in your Internet Explorer, you can make that your default Search Provider in place of Bing Search.
- Click on the Settings icon and from the pop up, select “Manage add-ons”.
- In the “Manage Add-ons” dialogue, click on the “Search Providers” in the left Panel in “Add-on types”.
- It will show all the Search Providers you currently have installed in Internet Explorer.
- Click on the search provider you want to make as default search provider for Internet Explorer. I am selecting Google Search.
- Now click on the “Set As Default” button present on the lower right section of the window.
- Close the dialogue box and you are done.
Incoming search terms:
- remove bing from ie9 (73)
- ie9 change search provider (19)
- how to remove bing from ie9 (15)
- remove bing ie9 (11)
- remove bing from internet explorer 9 (9)
- remove bing from ie 9 (4)
- change bing to google in ie9 (1)
- remove bing search ie 9 (1)
- ie9 default search how to (1)
- how to change search provider in ie 9 (1)
How To Add Additional Search Providers In Internet Explorer 9 How to Stop Internet Explorer 9 From Asking to Disable Add-ons How To Clear Browser Cache In Internet Explorer How To Block or Allow Cookies In Internet Explorer How to Enable Menu Bar, Favourites Bar, Command Bar and Status Bar in Internet Explorer 9